Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New perspective


As we set up tripods, adjusted cameras and tested audio, it was another day at the Institute. Another skill we learned and sure enough, another project.
My group wandered down the block to the farmers market for a true Phoenix delight. On our interviewing endeavors, we learned that the Phoenix Public Market is a part of the Community Food Connections program that aims to provide local farmers with a place to sell their products and low-income residents an opportunity to purchase fresh produce.
Thanks to Brian Snyder and my group for showing me that this is something I can use with my staff, and it doesn't have to break my budget. Capturing and editing video can certainly be an asset to our coverage, and I'm looking forward to trying it out with my students.
Jamie Ray
Vista Ridge High School
Cedar Park, Texas

1 comment:

  1. Jamie,

    Please tell me where the farmer's market is! I want to go there. :)

    Meghan Brannon
    fellow Texan

    ReplyDelete