Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Serious Swag


I am not a huge sports fan, but I have been looking forward to the game this evening ever since I was accepted to the program. I am surprised that there won't be some lesson on sport journalism. Speaking with others the feeling of overload is mutual and the game this evening will be a nice break. The hats given to us are awesome! Reno is the home of the D-Backs' triple-A team the Aces. So, though I love my new hat, I will be wearing my Aces one.
As a teacher, we rarely get many benefits, so the experience these past two weeks have been astonishing: the information has been extremely pertinent and applicable, the accommodations impeccable, the fellowship humbling.

Ryan Ludwig
Spanish Springs H.S.
Sparks/Reno, Nev

3 comments:

  1. I agree, the ASNE Reynolds Institute has been an amazing blessing in so many ways. Besides the swag, I have definitely learned a ton and have a ton of new ideas to take home -- with my Arizona Diamondbacks hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can anyone tell me what "swag" means? I suspect it's an acronym, but I have no clue. I do know that we're getting a lesson on sports journalism tomorrow from an AZ Republic sports editor tomorrow...so be of good cheer, Ryan, and wear your Aces hat with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be a sportswriting session tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete