Thursday, June 24, 2010

FACT!!!!


Boy, Steve Elliott found out that I wasn't lying in my application when I said I really don't know anything about Journalism. Though I fake it pretty well, I continue to bounce between surviving and thriving.
Steve certainly displayed some fatherly patience with me while helping me write, rewrite and rewrite again, my article. I admire those who can continue to practice what they preach, and Steve is certainly one of them.
This experience will hopefully allow me to thrive as an adviser rather than just survive.

Ryan Ludwig
Spanish Springs HS
Sparks/Reno Nev

4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you, Ryan. This training was much needed! Now I feel like I can go back to my journalism class and do something good with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me among the journalism teacher illiterate, Ryan. I found out just how ignorant I was upon my arrival and meeting everyone else. We true novices have had a steep learning curve compared to some of the others and, with time and practice, our skills will improve and we'll surprise ourselves! Hang in there and stay in touch with us newbies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has a learning curve, even those who seem to know it all, whether they show it or not. What counts is that you showed up willing to climb that learning curve. You took away good stuff to pass on to your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more with Leslie's point. The best journalists I've worked with know they have more to learn, regardless of how accomplished they are. I'm always impressed with how willing to learn this group is. It makes the experience fun and inspiring for me.

    Steve Elliott
    Arizona State University
    Phoenix

    ReplyDelete