Thursday, June 24, 2010

What a ride

I suspect you have all received an email that contends that life should be lived so that you slide into the grave at a dead gallop, a glass of wine in one hand, some good chocolate in the other and shouting, "Whoo-hoo, what a ride!"

I feel like that is the life we have had the last two weeks. Meeting some of the big-time movers and shakers in the journalism world. Being taken under the wings of the people at The Republic (and yes, Tracy, I am aware I am using cliches, but that is how I think when I am tired). Being put through the ropes to get real hands-on experience, not just theory. And then today capping it off by learning about typography and how to manage sports writing--two areas I hadn't a hope of teaching before today.

Whoo-hoo, let me at 'em! I've been bit by the journalism bug and am ready to pass on the disease. I will miss all of you, and send you off to your own homes with my love.(And now I will make a serious effort to clean out the cliches and write right.)

Nunn Winship
Warden H. S.
Warden, Wash.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what email you're talking about but I do appreciate the message. It has been quite a ride, hasn't it, and I don't think anyone is really all that sad that it's coming to an end. But I, for one, hope the friendships and network established will carry us forward with lessons learned. Stay in touch, Nunn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes cliches are there because they're truisms. Hang in there! You've got the exact right 'tude, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete