Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Introduction Blog

Hello. I'm from Knoxville, Tenn., and have been teaching for 10 years, which includes advising the newspaper staff for two years. Prior to teaching, I received a journalism degree and worked in the public relations field for eight years.

I'm multitasking right now . . . texting, blogging, snacking and watching NCIS, so I'm hoping this makes sense:) In a way, I don't even want to make a list of what I want to learn. I want to just take it all in -- be a sponge. There are so many things I'd like to change/tweek about the way I teach my journalism class, and most of them are the same areas the rest of you have listed. I feel like I start the school year chasing a deadline and that I don't take a breath until the last issue is printed in May. (I often list overwhelmed as a hobby.)

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, to sharing and learning together. Till then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment