Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Letting my brain take a break tonight


If I thought that I felt like a student again before today, then I was wrong, and I am guessing it is only about to get worse. It’s finals week for the next eight days.
The takeaway from today would make Len Downie proud, “Everything.”
I can’t even seem to put my mid around the amount I am being absorbing.
More writing, more photography, opinions and editorials, video shooting, and then the piece de resitiance editing with Serena Carpenter.
It felt as though I had never stepped away from the editing bay more than 20 years ago.

The machines are different, the final product is different, but the process is much simpler. Carpenter assured me this was not the way it has always been.
But as she spoke the words about how tough it used to be, her eyes were smiling at the new possibilities and 'cool stuff' i can produce.
I realize how lucky I am.
I have been here three and a half days, and already I have taken a lifetime of opportunities away and a head stuffed with knowledge.
I am going to try to sleep now and let the neurons fire and make new connections in the hope that this new found knowledge will not seep out.


Michelle Evenson
Eden Prairie High School
Minneapolis, Minn.
Above Photo: Laura Schwinn, Emporia High School, Kas. mulit-tasks as only an ASNE Fellow can.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,
    It is amazing how much information we have been absorbing over that last few days isn't it??? When they told us it would be like journalism boot camp, they were right on the mark! I think the hardest part will be remembering everything we have been absorbing and sifting through it all to put it to use in our classrooms.

    Kim Isbell
    Humboldt High School
    Humboldt, Kan.

    ReplyDelete