Monday, June 14, 2010

The Time has come...

In anticipation we have waited for this experience. Whether it be anxiety, excitement or both, we are now here, off and rolling. I don't know about you, but I am blown away already.
I want to take the whole experience and Xerox it for my students. I am nervous that I won't be able to articulate or translate the experience effectively. My hope is that there will be a lot of reteaching and scaffolding that takes place for my slow-mind to absorb all this information.
This is an awesome experience, and I can't express how impressed I am of not only the Institute but of all those I have already met.
I am interested in picking more brains about motivation. How do you create that curiosity for the truth and love for investigative reporting? I have a hard time with apathy in my classes, (who doesn't), so I would like to hear about how to feed enthusiastic reporters when they do enter my room. Any ideas?

Ryan Ludwig
Spanish Springs H.S.
Reno/Sparks NV

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the thing that you're perceiving as apathy is just a lack of direction. The exercises that we had today gave me a lot of food for thought--Reflecting back, all I can say is WOW!

    Jodie Schommer
    Lakeside Lutheran High School
    Lake Mills, WI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi,
    Those are good words. Very true.

    ReplyDelete