Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A picture of the real thing




From Rob Schumacher sharing his expertise on photography to Len Downie, Jr sharing his expansive knowledge of journalism to my apparent lack of really any skill on an Mac, it was another ASNE whirlwind of a day.


As you can see from the picture on the right, I have a lot to learn about pictures and the manipulation thereof. Like Rob said, "You gotta have a plan" and you "only learn from your mistakes." So now you can see that I can indeed learn. I am so excited to create an online publication, and he mentioned slide shows ideas for the online publication...I gotta learn that!!!
Len Downie, Jr's conference and Q&A session had me more in awe than anything. So much information came into my head that it was hard do disseminate it all. I did come to appreciate the stress I put on my students and a gentle reminder for me (when Steve Elliot was bombarded by all our questions while we were on deadline) to remain patient and calm when all my students want their questions answered at the same time. Real world experience is wonderful!
Jodie Schommer
Lakeside Lutheran High School
Lake Mills, WI






2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of doing a slide show for our online publication - we should definitely pursue that!

    Lisa Edmisten
    Woodcreek High School
    Roseville, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience and calm. Wonderful advice for those times we do feel bombarded. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete