Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Interviewing an industry pro


I had the pleasure of interviewing Andrew Leckey, (shown at left) an ASU business journalism professor and president of the Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism. Most importantly, perhaps is that Lecky is a fellow University of Missouri grad and we compared Missourian beats we each covered.


While it can be intimidating to request an interview with someone who routinely appears on CNBC, is a syndicated columnist and author of 10 financial books, Leckey was eager to help answer any questions I had regarding government involvement in media.


About half way through my interview I began to wish I was writing a profile of Leckey as he would make an amazing subject. I appreciate the time he spent speaking with me and will benefit from his expertise.


Julie Albertson
Roncalli High School
Indianapolis, IN

No comments:

Post a Comment